One of Australia's Leading Businessmen Talks True Work-Life Balance
David Lowy is a member of one of Australia’s most successful family business dynasties: The Lowy Family.
David, along with his brothers Peter and Steven and their father Frank Lowy, created the world's greatest shopping centre brand Westfield. In a bit of an exclusive, we journey into David's life growing up in the Westfield dynasty, his dream to play the worlds best rock venues, his desire to save the memories and history of war aircraft, and how he juggles family, rock, corporate finance and his own personal desires.
It's a true story of chasing your dreams whilst working in the super competitive corporate world. A story of true work-life balance in action.
Here’s what we discuss in this week’s show:
- What are David's earliest memories of Westfield?
- David's memories of John Saunders the co-founder of Westfield Shopping towns.
- Creating the worlds greatest shopping centre brand.
- Where did the passion for guitar start in David's life?
- Mixing rock n roll and the business world.
- The secret to compartmentalising your interests.
- How does the family make their collaboration work?
- The start of putting the Dead Daisies together.
- What is David's song writing process?
- Restoring historic military aircraft and the people behind the stories.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.