Stop Ageing and Even Reverse It with Nutritionist Michael Smith
Michael Smith is a leading dietician / nutritionist who specialises functional medicine and in helping people get their health mojo working. This week we discuss what drives the ageing process and how we can turn back our biological clocks to give us more energy, vitality and longevity of life. It is a very informative and powerful discussion about the steps you can take to stop the ageing process and have you feeling younger than ever.
Here’s what we cover in this week's discussion:
- Can we slow the ageing process?
- Where do we start to slow the ageing process?
- Chronological age vs biological age, can we just feel younger than we really are?
- Intermittent fasting and its effect on age
- The steps to assist in turning back your biological clock
- What part does red wine play in the ageing process? The job of resveratrol
- What can we learn from there 7th Day Adventists?
- Is there an association between brain activity and ageing?
- Are we living longer but in worse health? What should we change?
- Exercise and living a longer, more fulfilling life - the role of resistance training
- How long does it take to start to see a change in your ageing?
- What blood tests should we ask our GP for to test where we are at?
- The blood test list to identify potential inflammation and insulin resistance are HsCRP, HbA1C, homocysteine and Ferritin
- Can we look ok on the outside, but be ageing on the inside?
- The science behind ageing and the roles of Telomeres
- The effects of cold thermogenesis.
- How stress ages us and what we can do about it…. still the mind
- Genetic testing and interpreting the results
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.