Opening Rockctober with Rock Royalty - We Chat with The Dead Daisies
The Dead Daisies are an international rock band and musical collective formed when musicians Richard Fortus
(Guns N' Roses
), Dizzy Reed
(Guns N' Roses
), Marco Mendoza
), John Corabi
), Jackie Barnes
) got together to collaborate to form a classic straight-up rock act. In late Feb 2015, The Dead Daisies became the first western rock band to play Cuba since the Obama administration reopened trade ties
and made history as part of a cultural exchange as guests of the Cuban Ministry of Culture. The Dead Daisies are currently supporting KISS on their Australian tour during Rocktober. We caught up with the band's bass player Marco Mendoza and lead vocalist John Corabi live in a Sydney hotel to chat about creativity, writing, collaboration, teamwork and getting in touch with yourself. Regardless of your music taste, your career or your stage in life, you will love this interview. It's Rocktober on The Mojo Radio Show.
Here's what we cover in this week's interview:
- What influences the Dead Daisies music?
- The collaborative creative process to writing
- Sharing ideas and influences to create, even when you are different countries!
- The power of collaboration when do what you love and put aside your ego
- Mutual respect leads to great teamwork
- Imagine listening to the album for the first time
- Stripping it down - advice given to John about the value of simplicity
- Using the quiet times to unlock ideas
- Do rock artists journal?
- Writing a lyric for a song
- Marco’s sobriety. How do you make the choice to change?
- How willing are you to take the steps required to change?
- The divine power of surrendering
- How does a rock star face the ultimate responsibility of being a parent?
- Is there a piece of advice you remember Gene Simmons giving you?
- What song do you wish you had written?
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.