Improve your Productivity, Health and Performance with Meditation
Meditation is regarded as one of the most powerful and prevalent attributes of the most successful people in the world. Our special guest this week, Light Watkins, is an internationally recognized meditation teacher. Regarded as a leader in the field of meditation, his blogs and speeches have changed the way the world looks at the art of meditation. If you have ever been curious about getting into meditation or always wanted to try it, you will find this interview fascinating, motivational and enlightening. Remove the barriers that have been going through your mind as Light leads us though a wonderful discussion to get us all started on the power of meditation.
Here's what we cover in this interview:
- Why does meditation have an image problem?
- Where does someone start? Meditation 101
- Why is it ok to have your mind drift and wander with thoughts whilst you are doing meditation?
- Do I need a mantra to meditate?
- The wandering mind can lead to a rested mind
- Deep diving into the pool of mindfulness and meditation
- The meditation housekeeping - do I have to sit? How long should I do it?
- Interesting story about Dr Martin Luther King
- How meditation can assist the long term benefits for your brain and general health and wellness
- How do we know meditation is working for you?
- Could we be actually meditating and not know it?
- The time required to meditate
- What does Light wish people would stop saying about meditation?
- Will I lose my edge if I meditate... will I be too chilled?
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.