Can the Practise of Managing our Emotions Lead to Better Leadership?
Sue Langley is a speaker, master trainer, global business consultant, researcher and leading advisor on the practical workplace applications of neuroscience, emotional intelligence and positive psychology. Sue has used her gift for synthesising science into simple, practical tools anyone can use to teach thousands of business leaders, HR professionals and consultants how to harness the brain’s potential.
Sue works with top organisations such as Oracle, Schneider Electric and Wesfarmers to build positive workplace cultures, emotionally intelligent leaders and high performing teams. In this show we learn about the power that comes with being a leader who is emotionally intelligent.
Here’s what we discuss in this week’s show:
- What is exactly is emotional intelligence?
- How do we apply emotional intelligence in the workplace?
- Strategies to handle our emotions for better outcomes.
- Tips and tools to strengthen our emotional intelligence for better outcomes.
- Are we really honest with ourselves about the emotions we are experiencing?
- The rules of emotions and how by knowing the rules you can manage your own emotions.
- Ways to practise handling our emotions.
- Breaking down the fear behind emotions- it’s data. What is the data telling you?
- Is Emotional Intelligence a key part of leadership?
- The amazing impact this work can have on our children in our homes or their school.
- Mindfulness for kids and the incredible impact it can have.
- The impact that not giving someone attention can have on their thinking.
- Building resilience with our children in order to help them grow into stronger adults.
- Building stronger self regulation and will power.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.