Finding a podcast to listen to can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be! Here are a few tips on how to find the perfect podcast for you:
- Start by thinking about what you're interested in. Do you want to learn more about current events? Are you curious about different cultures? Are you into true crime? History? Comedy?
Or maybe you just want something fun and entertaining to listen to while you commute. Once you know what kind of topics interest you, it'll be easier narrow down your search.
- Use websites like Apple Podcasts or Spotify that allow users to search by topic or genre. This makes finding relevant podcasts much easier and faster than scrolling through pages of results.
Check out websites like Podbean, Podcast Addict, and Overcast which list new and popular podcasts as well as allow users to search by topic or genre. This is a great way discover hidden gems that may not be as well-known yet.
- Don't forget about old faithful - Google! If there's a specific topic or person that interests you, try searching their name followed by "podcast." You may be surprised at the variety of results that come up!
- Browse the top charts. The iTunes and Stitcher charts are a great place to start if you're looking for popular shows. You'll get an idea of what people are currently listening to and what genres are most popular right now.
- Check out some of your favorite bloggers or podcasters' shows. If there's someone whose work you admire, chances are they have their own podcast as well! It can be fun checking out their show and seeing how they approach different topics.
Pick one of the tips above to get you started and in no time at all you’ll be wondering why you didn’t do it sooner! There is no shortage of choice in the world of podcasting. Above all else, enjoy!